JS-Kit Comments

Get Your Gorilla Education

>> Saturday, February 28, 2009


So if you have been keeping up with the fact that this year is the Year of the Gorilla according to UN, you know that I am attempting to do a post a month with some gorilla news. You can keep up with all the ape business by clicking my fancy link all the way at the top of the page that says "Year of the Gorilla"... creative, I know. I even made a reading list with all sorts of great books on things gorilla. You can find that to the left. I'm done with the gorilla tour now on to the news.

The World Association of Zoos and Aquariums (WAZA) has teamed up with YOG 2009 to bring you an amazing manual/educational resource aimed at teaching people about gorillas. While the PDF is aimed at children, it is well worth the read. I learned a lot reading it myself. I can now tell the difference between apes by their noses and found out what an apes daily schedule looks like. I also learned that a gorillas upper body strength is six times that of a human. I won't tell you anymore because I don't want to spoil the fun. There are even little mini games to test yourself with. It's 36 pages of gorilla madness. There are even "logs" for gorilla watching and other activities if you go to the zoo and it's all finished off with a fantastic ape mask. The above is a snapshot of the manual. So go and read... I promise you will learn something, unless you wrote the manual of course!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP