JS-Kit Comments

Fly Me to the Moon...

>> Monday, October 13, 2008


Or at least the Space Station. I really wish this was an option available for the masses.

Recently, Richard Garriott bought himself a ticket to the Space Station for a mere $30 million. He is a video game designer. His father, Owen Garriott is an astronaut who spent 60 days on the Space Station in 1973. Richard, however, is not going as an astronaut, he is going as a space tourist. His father will be giving him support from mission control in Moscow. He will be doing some research for certain companies who helped foot the bill.

He is currently the 6th person in the world to buy his way into space. The flight up was yesterday and they dock tomorrow. He will be on the Space Station for a total of 10 days. What a wicked trip. Makes my vacation seem dull... although being closed up with a bunch of people you don't know on a station above Earth doesn't sound better than seeing a horse in the wild... hehe. I am a dork.

Photo is from NASA and because it is a government website, is public domain.

5 comments:

sealaura October 13, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Hola! 2 posts in one day! I thought you might like my post today. Baby steps for me, still more of an art and language girl. Anyhoo, how fun it must be to go up in space. although I think I might still prefer the beach here on earth.

Marimoy October 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

@ sealaura... yeah, I'm impressed with myself too. I am avoiding typing a report by typing about other things. Doesn't make sense to me either.

Cheryl October 13, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

My father always said if he had the money he would loved to have done one of these trips (he must be mad).........personally I can't think of anything worse.....give me a wood or a deserted beach.....or a walk with my lovely dog and I'm a happy girl.......

Marimoy October 13, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

@ cheryl... I understand. Hence my comment about how is this better than seeing a horse in the wild... haha.

Wendy October 13, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

I'm with Cheryl - totally. But, each to his own. LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP