JS-Kit Comments

WOO HOO!!!! I'm back!

>> Friday, August 15, 2008

I had such an amazingly awesome time out west! Between the farmers' markets and the lakes and the incredible wildlife, my head is spinning. I saw four large states and tons of diverse landscapes... alas, no elk! I did however see wild buffalo and wild horses, antelope, bald eagles, cottontail and jack rabbits, fawns were everywhere because they had a late spring, and even a fox. I don't even know where to start and until I finish developing all the film, here is a sample of what I took digitally. I got tons of great footage too, so I am SUPER excited!


Some bald eagles watched over my first campsite.


There were antelope everywhere in Wyoming.


This little chipmunk followed me around the view from Dead Indian Pass.


Yes this is snow... in August.


Utah vistas.


The red rock is always beautiful.


Wind power on the UT/WY border


Wide open spaces.


My husband tells me they call this a whistle pig. It does whistle, but I'm not sure what it is... yet!


Like I said, this is a sample so keep checking back for days when I am being lazy and am just gonna post random picts! I start classes on Monday so I may be going back to a lot of science talk too, just cause it helps me study! In sad news though, The Wall Arch at Arches National Park fell. *sniff* It's a shame because it's so beautiful. I am glad no one got hurt.


Creative Commons License
Western Travels by M. Moya is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at scienceforfood.blogspot.com.

10 comments:

Betül August 16, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

Cool pictures, Mimi! I loved your blog, very cozy :)

The bean-mom August 16, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

Those are indeed lovely pictures.

I've never heard of a "whistle pig!" Looks like a small marmot (?) to me.

Been browsing your blog. What a beautiful place you live in, and what an interesting life you lead!

Cheryl August 17, 2008 at 4:23 AM  

Wow....fabulous photographs....what a time you must have had.....I love the eagles they are magnificent.....

Tks for your comment on my blog....made me smile.....

sealaura August 17, 2008 at 11:24 AM  

Hi Mimi! Thanks so much for your kind words about Obi, I really appreciate it. I would love to read 6 random things about you, so I encourage you to do it. Lastly I am so flattered to be on your blog list, YAY!

Marimoy August 17, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

@ betul- Thanks!

@ the Bean-mom- That's what I thought too, or a ground squirrel?!?!

@ Cheryl- I loved the eagles too. I had seen them lots when I lived out there and was frustrated because I never had my camera!

@ Sealaura- I'm on it!

Wendy August 18, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Hi Mimi - what gorgeous pics! Loved your eagles and all the vistas. That whistle pig sorta looks like a prarie dog - I hope you find out what it is.
Glad you're back and you had a great time.

Q August 20, 2008 at 9:41 AM  

Dear Mimi,
Wonderful vacation pictures. I am also a wildlife lover! I think you did see a Prairie Dog.. the Eagles are fantastic birds.
Looking forward to more pictures.
The west is always big sky country to me.
Namaste,
Sherry

Marimoy August 20, 2008 at 10:39 AM  

@ wendy- I still thought it was until today!

@ Sherry- I am flattered that YOU enjoyed my pictures! Your photos are so fantastic!

Lunch Buckets August 21, 2008 at 12:07 AM  

Forget the snow! IS that a Mork & Mindy shirt??? I am SO jealous.

Marimoy August 21, 2008 at 7:21 PM  

@ lunch bucket- yes... yes it is

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP