JS-Kit Comments

Mystery Solved

>> Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So the mysterious whistle pig I mentioned in an earlier post turned out to NOT be a whistle pig (woodchuck) but a Wyoming Ground Squirrel or Spermophilus elegans. Either way very cute so here is another picture!
Isn't she(?) adorable. Oh, and just to prove how in the middle of nowhere I was, this was the nearest town to Mrs. (I'm assuming here) Ground Squirrel.



I have to admit, since a fellow blogger of Q's Corner fame pointed it out, this really is Big Sky Country. I don't know what it is but the sky in that part of the world is enormous... I'm not sure how else to describe it and pictures NEVER do it justice...


This is my husband somewhere on Beartooth Pass looking at a glacial lake as the sky started to clear. The white stuff really is snow. I'm in awe over that! Lol. I'm a Floridian, I still don't get the whole "snow" thing! haha.


All photos licensed under creative commons.... same as before, you can use them, just give me credit!

5 comments:

sealaura August 20, 2008 at 6:41 PM  

Hola! Cool Pics. I have driven through there on my way home to Cali and you are right the sky is amazing! I am glad you solved the mystery about the "whistle pig" I was still getting over that e-coli stuff from yesterday. As I clean my house I often wonder how much is lingering...a domestic diva I am not!

Q August 20, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

I sometimes love snow. It can be so beautiful.
Thank you for the link!
Huge sky and fantastic sunrises and sunsets....
I was watching Fay and thinking of you.
Looking forward to hearing about your classes.
Namaste,
Sherry, who dances with the bees

The bean-mom August 20, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Hey, good to know the "whistle pig" mystery was solved!

And you've been tagged for blog bling. See my site for details.

Marimoy August 21, 2008 at 6:48 AM  

@ Laura- Yeah, I am more nervous about this "new strain" that has been created... what if it turns us into zombies!? lol

@q- you are welcome! I think I will do an end of week update on my classes... haven't figured out how NOT to bore everyone!

@ the bean-mom- I am glad the mystery was solved too.

Anonymous August 21, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Mimi you never cease to amaze me. Such knowledge and descriptive blogs. Thank you for giving me a learning experience each time I read your blogs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP