JS-Kit Comments

2 Mockingbirds

>> Sunday, November 9, 2008


As you may have guessed by recent posts, I do believe in evolution a bit. I even had a post where I proclaimed my love for a really old version of Darwin's most controversial addition to science (it really is a beautiful book). So to add to the list of geeky Darwin fawning, the two birds responsible for his research and ultimately responsible for his theories on evolution are going on display for the first time EVER. They are to go on display at the London Natural History Museum. I long for the day when I can see these in person.

This of course is one of the many events celebrating the 200th year since his birth. There is even a project underway to recreate his famous vessel the HMS Beagle. There is even a blog where you can keep up with its progress. They even got linked up to do a project with NASA Place (yes that was another Invader ZIM reference, can you find them all?).

I am just excited that all this neat stuff based on one of the most controversial figures in science is going on. I wish I could fly to London just to see the mockingbirds.

2 comments:

Q November 11, 2008 at 2:07 PM  

I would go see the mockers too.
Glad Darwin is having a birthday, 200 years! Wow how time flies.
Sherry

Marimoy November 12, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

@ sherry... I know. Happy birthday to him!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP