JS-Kit Comments

SCORE!

>> Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I went in to my university library today to renew a book that I found called "The World's Famous Orations." It is actually part of a volume of, yes you guessed, the worlds best speeches. The books were published in 1906 and are in good shape for being over 100 years old. I am a sucker for old books. While I was talking to the librarian about my passion for antique books, she mentioned that many of the university's books were being discarded due to age. Well, lo and behold, what is this tattered, taped together, gold leafed edged book I see? Why, it's "The Origin of the Species" printed in 1927! It's abused but lovely. I am typing this from the library now or I would already have the picture up! The best part was the cost: FREE.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP