JS-Kit Comments

Some "Happy" Pictures

>> Thursday, October 23, 2008




So I am posting these pictures for a weekly event called "Thematic Photographic" over at Written, Inc. I was told about this a while ago and posted to this the first time with the "nature" theme. Well, the lovely lady at Sealaura inspired me yet again when I saw her "happy" pictures.

The first one is of the hubs at a shooting gallery on Coney Island. He looks so happy and almost nostalgic standing there with the fake rifle. The stuffed toys look like they are smiling, too.

To the right of that is a cake from my sister's bridal shower. I thought it was a happy looking cake.

The third one is a seagull that was hovering over us on a ferry to Virgin Gorda. If you click on the picture to see it bigger he looks very happy.

The quality doesn't look that great because these are ACTUAL PHOTOS! Remember those? I scanned them into my computer and I really had no idea how much my scanner sucked. The photos were taken with my trusty 35 mm Pentax ZX-7 35mm SLR Camera. I also typically use my Pentax 28-80 zoom lens. It is a pretty all purpose set up and sometimes this is all I want because I hate carrying around expensive gear. I'm clumsy and forgetful. Bad combo for my nice photo gear! I just wish these photos would have scanned better... they look great and crisp in person.

I am not sure why I just gave you all that techie jargon. I suppose it is because I hate my digital camera, but LOVE my 35 mm.

Now the legal stuff... same as before... The only reason I do this is because (believe it or not) I have had photos taken from me and credited to others.... grumble. Go ahead and use it... just give me credit please!

Creative Commons License
happy by Marizela Moya is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at scienceforfood.blogspot.com.

7 comments:

Mamie October 24, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

Mimi, interesting that you should visit my blog and say it looks like where you live because this week our State Fair is going on and your first picture could have been taken there! Great choices for the theme.

Marimoy October 24, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

@ mamie... that is too funny. What a coincidence!

Cheryl October 24, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

Lovely photos Mimi.........and use the camera you love.......

Marimoy October 24, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

@ cheryl... that is a great compliment coming from you. Thanks.

sealaura October 24, 2008 at 4:20 PM  

Hola! Thanks for the mention, you inspire me as well dahling! I was hoping you would participate. Happy Friday!

Milk and Honey Mommy October 25, 2008 at 5:00 PM  

Mimi,

I love taking pictures and I don't want to say it too loudly because it's the only one I have, but ssh...my camera sucks compared to what's available now. Until I get something new and improved, I proudly scream that I think it's the best camera I've ever had; well it is. It is a digital, but there are quite a few limitations because we got it when my oldest was born, more than six years ago.

I like your happy pictures, especially the cake.

Also, I tagged you and look forward to your responses.

Jennifer

Marimoy October 26, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

@ Jennifer... that's too funny. That is how I feel about mine. Sometimes I think an "accident" is in order so I have an excuse to get a better one. I love the crispness you get with film, however. It's a shame they don't scan well here. I will have to get a negatives scanner I think.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP