JS-Kit Comments

So gloomy...

>> Friday, September 5, 2008

Since it is so gloomy out and has been for the past week and a half (thanks to Gustav, Hanna, and Ike tail bands) I needed to remind myself how beautiful and sunny it can be here. These were from a recent trip I took to Virgin Gorda, a nearby island.




I think this palm tree sums up my life in the Caribbean nicely.



This is me in front of one of the amazing boulders at the Baths and the beautiful Caribbean Sea. And no, the photo has not been altered.


The Baths are an unusual occurrence of large granite boulders forming grottoes and pools everywhere. Their formation is subject to debate, but many believe it to be molten rock that bubbled to the surface, or such extreme amounts of erosion that this is what was left behind.

5 comments:

sealaura September 5, 2008 at 10:09 AM  

Great pics and perfect for a friday. I have been thinking about you and I hope you are safe from any weather hazards I would love to visit the BVIs next time I can scrounge up some change and make it to the islands.

Marimoy September 5, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

@sealaura- I am glad everything has the tendency to pass north of us, but the band winds and amounts of rain have been absurd! I mean we needed it, but goodness!

Q September 6, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Dear Mimi,
Each time a storm pops up I think of you and your beautiful islands!
Glad all is well. I will pop back in a few days when my life settles down and get into some science chat with you. These boulders are fantastic and your sky photos amazing. Stay cheerful, the sun will pop out soon and blue skies will return.
Hugs,
Sherry

Wendy September 6, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

Hi Mimi - lovely pics. I am so envious - except in hurricane season! Hope you stay safe and relatively dry.
Boulders? Well that's easy! Those are a giant child's marbles. He must have dropped them while playing hopscotch all over the Carribean islands. LOL!

Marimoy September 6, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

@ Sherry- Thank you so much for the nice note. Being busy is good. I can't wait to see what stories you will have.

@ Wendy- Love the explanation. Of course! Why didn't I think of that!?!?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP