JS-Kit Comments

Power!

>> Thursday, November 27, 2008


We finally have power of nearly 2 whole days without electricity. I was going to cook today anyway (gas stove) but I am glad to have power again. It means I can do the dishes in the sink! We all have cisterns here and we can't get water from it unless there is power to work the pump! Well, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Just to remind myself, here is my
Top 10 Things to be Thankful For
...
10) Medication. Yes, I need it and I am glad I have it.

9) My mom finally got her business license!

8) I really don't have to worry about when I will get my next meal.

7) My gas stove. It is nice being able to still have hot food when there is no power.

6) I can buy myself books and things.

5) The Beast. That is the name of my not so beautiful car. She's ugly (and I mean that), but she eats these steep hillsides for breakfast and I love her. Do I really need more?

4) I am thankful for the rain water in my cistern. Many people don't have access to clean water so I am REALLY thankful for that.

3) Floyd.

2) and 1) it's a tie. My mom and my husband for both putting up with my mood swings (living with bipolar disorder is not easy... living with someone who has it is worse), my crazy ideas, and still loving me no matter what!

What are you thankful for??

Happy Turkey Day!




10 comments:

sealaura November 27, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

So happy you are up and running again. I read the St. John tradewinds to check up on you guys this AM. I am thankful for my small little family and for being able to have a happy thanksgiving with all the fixins!

Kitt November 27, 2008 at 2:51 PM  

Hooray for power, water and a working stove! All the other stuff is good, too.

Right now I'm grateful for the Internets and a good cup of coffee.

Wendy November 27, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

Happy Thanksgiving. I'm glad you have power to cook and water too. I am thankful we live in a safe warm home (even though I complain all winter). And I am thankful for my family most of all.
Hugs.

p.s. - glad you are taking your meds. I have a bipolar sister who will not take anything for her condition.

Marimoy November 28, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

@ sea laura... I hope it is all delicious!

Marimoy November 28, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

@ Kitt... Hooray indeed.

Marimoy November 28, 2008 at 7:47 AM  

@ Wendy... I feel her plight. It is really hard to take it everyday. The hubs is my watchdog though!

Q November 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Dear Mimi,
I am so very Thankful for the birds and the bugs and for people who care about them like you!
Take good care of you!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Sherry

Marimoy November 29, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

@ Sherry... thank you for caring about them as well!

Anonymous December 3, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

Wow sorry I am late but better late than never, right? I have alot of things to be thankful for. I will start with number 1 first.

1. Having a wonderful daughter like you that no matter what you go through you are still holding on strong and just the fact that you can pick up the phone and call me when you are going through it so we can talk about what is troubling you at that moment is something I can be very thankful for because I know others don't have the strength to even go on.
2. For the wonderful husband that you have as well. I have witnessed how he steps up to the plate when is needed. Stay strong Nick, we need you!!
3. My daughter Laly, how she has proven herself in the military, college, relationship.
4. For her husband who is also protecting our country and is her backbone.
5. For my cuzins for putting me up when I needed a place and a job.
6. For the brains to continue pursuing my dream of owning my own coffee shop, whoo hooo!! To open soon..
And my list can go on and on but I will stop here. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. Now let the countdown begin 22 days til Christmas!!

Marimoy December 3, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

@ The queen... better late than never is right! I love you too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP