>> Thursday, November 27, 2008
We finally have power of nearly 2 whole days without electricity. I was going to cook today anyway (gas stove) but I am glad to have power again. It means I can do the dishes in the sink! We all have cisterns here and we can't get water from it unless there is power to work the pump! Well, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. Just to remind myself, here is my
Top 10 Things to be Thankful For...
10) Medication. Yes, I need it and I am glad I have it.
9) My mom finally got her business license!
8) I really don't have to worry about when I will get my next meal.
7) My gas stove. It is nice being able to still have hot food when there is no power.
6) I can buy myself books and things.
5) The Beast. That is the name of my not so beautiful car. She's ugly (and I mean that), but she eats these steep hillsides for breakfast and I love her. Do I really need more?
4) I am thankful for the rain water in my cistern. Many people don't have access to clean water so I am REALLY thankful for that.
2) and 1) it's a tie. My mom and my husband for both putting up with my mood swings (living with bipolar disorder is not easy... living with someone who has it is worse), my crazy ideas, and still loving me no matter what!
What are you thankful for??
Happy Turkey Day!