JS-Kit Comments

School Daze

>> Thursday, July 31, 2008

I finally went in to register for classes and the science gods were with me. I am lucky enough that in my senior year I get to do a semester of freshman level courses! Chemistry 2, Physics, Freshman Development Seminar, Social Science 100 and CPR. I never took these classes because I'm stubborn. Now that I am getting burned out on school, this will be a painless semester to help me get back into the swing of things. *sigh*

Now onto some devastating science news I read on Greg Laden's blog. Apparently baby penguins are being washed ashore hundreds of miles away from their native lands. 300 have been found dead or alive in Bahia state in Brazil. Some believe that it is due to overfishing in Patagonia a la Happy Feet and others believe it has to do with stronger than normal ocean currents. Whatever it is, they are getting closer and closer to the equator and it's a bit scary. If you want to find out more about penguins, PBS did a great job with this penguin series.

5 comments:

sealaura July 31, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

That's so sad about the penguins. I will definitely check out those sites.

Cheryl August 2, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

That is such sad news.....I hate it so much when you read things like this.....what is happening to the world???

Marimoy August 2, 2008 at 11:58 PM  

I wonder that everyday. It saddens me to think that people pretend to not have any affect on our surrounding ecological communities. I wish there were some way to truly educate the masses and reteach respect for our environment and ecosystems.

Lunch Buckets August 3, 2008 at 1:49 AM  

Dead baby penguins? Couldn't you find something .... happier? to post about? I wanted to congratulate you on your super awesome fall class schedule but now all I can think about are dead baby penguins. Gotta go watch March of the Penguins again now, even though I cry everytime when they lose the egg....

Marimoy August 3, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

sorry about that. I was hoping to initiate discussion as to what was causing it. I guess I just made everyone depressed. I will find something happy for next time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP