JS-Kit Comments

A Quote

>> Saturday, July 11, 2009

I found this lovely quote the other day and I figured I would share it. Since I was mentioning conservation earlier in the week, I thought it appropriate.

The earth we abuse and the living things we kill will, in the end, take their revenge; for in exploiting their presence we are diminishing our future. ~Marya Mannes, More in Anger, 1958

Marya Mannes was an American author/critic born in 1904. She was known as a viciously honest commentators and observers of American Life. She died in 1990.

8 comments:

Sherry Blaine July 11, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

I think I need to start a not for profit organization for the awareness of the beautiful Ebony Jewelwing Damselflies.
I can tea shirts and cofee mugs....
Your quote just fired me right up!
Hugs,
Sherry

Recent blog:=- Virginia Creeper Sphinx

Maritza S. July 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

So happy to see you are back in the swing of your blog. I look forward to them so much and I am sure others as well.

cheryl July 12, 2009 at 2:31 PM  

Wonderful quote and something I totally agree with....tks for sharing

Recent undefined:=- Oh no! Comluv had an error with your feed, see message below!

Mimi July 12, 2009 at 4:15 PM  

I am glad I could inspire. That is a brilliant idea. I will buy one when they are done.

Recent blog:=- The Cost of Conservation

Mimi July 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

I am glad to be blogging more too. I hope someone else missed my posts. I sure did miss writing them.

Recent undefined:=-

Mimi July 12, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

I thought it appropriate and sound! :D

Recent blog:=- COPDPart 2: The Lungs

Guest July 12, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

I agree too.

Recent undefined:=-

Unknown Mami July 15, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

That quote is nothing but the truth.

Recent blog:=- Me! Me! Meme

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP