JS-Kit Comments

Snake Charmer

>> Thursday, January 29, 2009

See the girl to the right of the guy with the green holding the head of a gigantic snake? That's me.

I'm sure you all have figured that out, but I was like a kid in a candy store. The girl next to me hated snakes. I was not even listening to the guy and was sad I had to give it up at the end... even though it weighed a LOT and wouldn't keep still.

Why the little details about my trip to the Miami Metro Zoo? Well, it made me realize that I still really want to have my dream job or something close to it. I want to make wildlife films. I want to teach people about animals. I want to run around in the jungle/dessert/mountains/etc. chasing animals down. If nothing else, I would be happy with the guy in the green's job. Will this happen anytime soon? Probably not. I am not yet a biologist.

You need that fancy piece of paper. Sure I am really good at the science jabber, I have forgotten more about science than most people know, and I have this really bizarre ability to write a kick butt scientific paper, but that does not make me a scientist yet.

I suppose this goes back to my Debate! about standardized education. Maybe it goes deeper to the fact that I am completely unfocused at times. All I know is, this is me. Should be me. Will be me. Maybe I sound arrogant, but the truth of it is I am not. I always doubt myself. I know I get this stuff, so why can't I just finish? Is it important that I do?

I still get to teach people about animals and do educational tours, so why the need to do it at someplace bigger? I love my job. It may not be the grand scale that I hoped for as a little girl, but my dream still came true. Now I just have to finish school. Who knows? Maybe I have a special calling as a snake charmer! Honestly though, it just takes me writing it out like this to put it into perspective.

I may not be working at the American Museum of Natural History, but I still do have my dream job! I get to teach and play with animals. What more could I ask for?

Well, I guess I could finish Western Adventure part 3... or my butterfly video... but in the end, this isn't bad at all. I bet that guy would be happier with my job! Who wouldn't want to play in a big beautiful tropical garden filled with butterflies and get to live in paradise at the same time?




4 comments:

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

hang in there! i would love to see those videos when you get a chance. just see it all as steps and take one each day. as cheesy as it may sound, the grass is always greener. I longed to come back to cali for a job and I was lucky enough to get one BUT it has not been a california dream all the time. I am trying real hard to enjoy where I am at and not long for where I wish I could be. Hope this makes sense. But I feel you. Sometimes one can be positive and then there are days when life is overwhelming and annoying. :)

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 3:07 PM  

Exactly! Sometimes trying to keep up with what I want frustrates me to the point where I don't even realize I already have what I need! :-P

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

There was an exotic pet place here somewhere that had a snake just like that one. That's the only other time I've seen one. And yeah, I can imagine that guy was weighty.

Nice to have an expert weigh in on my nettle, thanks!

Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

hardly an expert... I am just a science geek. I really enjoyed your photo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP