JS-Kit Comments

Turkey for Two (or three)

>> Saturday, November 15, 2008

The holidays (YIKES!!!) are quickly approaching with American Thanksgiving less than a week away. I won't be spending it with much family. Nick does have a brother on the island so he might be # 3. SO far though, I was thinking turkey pot pie and video games. I'm not really sure what to do. Last year we didn't even spend any holidays together so I am sort of at a loss. The year before we had both of Nick's brothers over and the year before that we were in Utah so we had LOTS of family over. I guess this post is just asking for advice. What would you do for such a small group. I sort of liked the pot pies and video games because that is something we all enjoy. Or maybe we could grill turkey on the beach??? Any ideas? I know some of you are crafty/creative/smart when it comes to this homemaker stuff. I am still learning.


7 comments:

Kitt November 15, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Pot pies sound good, or you can buy just a turkey breast and roast that, and have pot pies for leftovers later.

Mom and I have gotten shanghaied into Thanksgiving at the country club the last few years, which is OK, but she still insists on roasting a whole turkey sometime during the week, with just the two of us, so as not to miss out on the smells!

Leftover turk is not a bad thing to have.

Marimoy November 15, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

@ kitt... good point!

sealaura November 15, 2008 at 5:49 PM  

I am in the same boat, but I am glad. B and I are going to lay around and vegetate. We are just going to enjoy not having to go anywhere or do anything and be grateful for it. :)

Amanda@Lady Scientist November 16, 2008 at 6:58 PM  

I think pot pie and video games are fun. Last year Dr. Man and I had a Thanksgiving Potluck. A bunch of friends that didn't have a place to go came over for a few hours. Then, we got to vegetate the rest of the time. It was the best Thanksgiving ever. I hope that you enjoy yours!

Marimoy November 17, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

You are all right! I should just be okay with that. It is just another day after all!

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Well let me tell you, I was really looking forward to the cooking and all that stuff cause it reminds me of when I was a kid and mom used to do that, but this year my cuzin just let me know that we won't be doing any cooking at his place cause he believes since we are just going to be there for just a few days he prefers to show us as much of the sites and grab turkey dinner at a restaurant. It makes sense if we do want to see alot of the sites but I will miss the whole family gathering, cooking at home, and the aroma of a home cooked meal. Man how things change. I have many things to be thankful for so all I can say is that I am Thankful and don't need a particular day to remind me. Happy Safe Holiday to everyone reading this...

Marimoy November 19, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

@ the queen... I am jealous you get to see the sites in Atlanta and enjoy chilliness and possibly go ice skating. You are still having turkey dinner with family! I wish I could be there, but I will see you for your birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP