JS-Kit Comments

Update on Pupa

>> Monday, October 27, 2008

I finished the temporary emerging cage for the pupae. They are all hung and ready to go. I will hopefully post pictures as they emerge (if I am here). I am making a mini video on how to make one of your own so you can be a butterfly defender, too. It should be up tonight... I hope. I know the "other" videos I promised haven't been posted, but this is short and not really "wildlife" related, so editing was a breeze. Oh, I am SO making a butterfly defender logo/award. There are some of you that really deserve one already! Don't the pupae look happy and cozy? By the way, singular or plural is pronounced PEW-puh, although some sticklers pronounce the plural form PEW-pee but I think that sounds gross.

Creative Commons License
emerging cage by M Moya is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.

8 comments:

Cheryl October 27, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Wow how exciting.....look forward to them emerging........

Marimoy October 27, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

@ cheryl... me too! One of them is already showing the wing pattern so should emerge tomorrow. I wish I could be there for it.

Wendy October 27, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

Pew-pee? Yeah, I agree- that sounds gross!
Thanks for posting these. I can hardly wait to see them emerging.

Marimoy October 27, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

@ wendy... I will stick with PEW-puh... sounds nicer. I hope I can get some pictures of them emerging!

Q October 28, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

Dear Mimi,
I love each one of these darlings!
Pew-puh are so sweet. I am a defender because I love them them so very much. I defend their milkweed too...
This is exciting.
Sherry

Doug Taron October 28, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

Hey, nice blog. I found you from a comment you left on Bug Girl's site. Good luck with your monarchs.

Marimoy October 28, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

@ doug... welcome! Thanks for visiting, and I think my monarchs will do fine. I will have to come visit you now!

Marimoy October 28, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

@ sherry... I KNOW you are a defender. I am just hoping to encourage more. You have such a fantastic yard. There are not so many butterflies here anymore so we have to do what we can to protect them. Collecting caterpillars and pupae are part of it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP