JS-Kit Comments

Amazing Scientistas

>> Monday, October 6, 2008

Peggy over at Women in Science always posts amazing and inspiring articles about, well, women in science. Recently she posted about the Smithsonian Flikr Photostream and how even though at first glance, the portraits of scientists and inventors are men, there are women in the group. Peggy goes on to give us brief histories on some of these women and I rather think these women more worthy of role-modeldom then some (not all) of the politicians, celebrities, and fashionistas we see mentioned everywhere today. You should check out her site. It makes you proud to see what women had to go through just to get a sort of equality in the world... especially in the sciences!

6 comments:

Amanda October 7, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

Very true! And good link. A while back I read a biography about Rosalind Franklin. It certainly gave me a good perspective about what women went through.

ScientistMother October 7, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

excellent link, thanks! Scientists Anonymous: Great Stories of Women in Science is a great book about some women who have not been given their due credit.

Q October 7, 2008 at 5:21 PM  

Thank you for the links.
Women have struggled to be recognized in many fields including science. Madame Curie was my role model when I was a young woman. I wanted to find a cure for mercury poisoning, I felt sorry for the mad hatters.
I was young...somewhat confused...but it was true, they did go mad. Than I was on the band wagon to save all the birds. The idea of feathers for hats was very upsetting.
I am so proud of you to be a woman in science. Keep studying...
Hugs,
Sherry

Marimoy October 9, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

@ Amanda... Rosalind Franklin should have received the Nobel. I will leave it at that.

Marimoy October 9, 2008 at 3:39 PM  

@ scientistmother... I will have to buy that book!

Marimoy October 9, 2008 at 3:40 PM  

@ Sherry... sounds to me like you have a calling!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP