JS-Kit Comments

Thursday already!?!?!

>> Thursday, July 24, 2008

I cannot believe how quickly the week has passed... and not an utter of science news? I must be getting ill. So to make up for it I am gonna list some of my favorite useless facts. This may come in handy should you ever be fortunate enough to be in the Cash Cab! (I'm an addict, not affiliated)

A calorie is the amount of energy required to raise the temperature of one cubic centimeter one degree Celsius.

There are only approximately 4500 stars visible to the naked eye... although many will argue more.

Seasons are caused by the tilt of the axis of earth while orbiting the sun.

The air we breathe is actually mostly nitrogen.

Three common states of matter : solid, liquid, gas.

1 atmosphere of pressure is equal to approx. 5 feet molten rock or 33 ft of water.

There are millions of cells under an area on your body covered by a quarter.

Smell affects taste!

Most of the dust in your air is skin! (eww)


Ok I'm done. I may update this later with some more cheesy facts!

3 comments:

Wendy July 24, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

Ewwww is right! Who wants to inhale someone else's skin!!

sealaura July 25, 2008 at 12:56 PM  

I am a science-phobe but I ran across your blog and I really liked it. I love the USVI so your blog is a perfect combination, I can learn something and get an island peek!

Marimoy July 25, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

@ laura- come back to visit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP