JS-Kit Comments

It's That Time of Year Again...

>> Saturday, August 15, 2009


Even though it officially started in June, the Sahara dust that has been ruining my view dried the air over the Atlantic considerably so I didn't have to think about it until now. What didn't I have to think about? Hurricane season, of course! Last year, we here at Potspoon! had a blast when an unexpected Omar made a wrong turn and came backwards towards us. It pretty much means that you can get all the updates on tropical systems here since we are now officially glued to the computer.

Tropical Storm Ana is supposed to hit Monday (but I am pretty sure she will miss). Bill is said to be a decent hurricane by Thursday and we are in his projected path. To top it off, there is a beautiful wave pushing off the west coast of Africa that I am pretty sure will be Claudette in a day or so. If she does form and continue east, that will mean 3 storms passing by in one week!

While the hubs and I don't worry too much, it does make for great posts and give us yet another reason to remind people to check their emergency preparedness kits. There are plenty of websites that have amazing lists so I won't go into it now: just please be prepared. Even if you don't live in a hurricane zone, there are any number of emergencies you may need to be ready for. Flash flooding, blizzards (hey, I do have readers in the southern hemisphere!), tornadoes, volcanoes, earthquakes and many more things can happen when you least expect it. It is always better to be safe.

I, on the other hand, will cuddle on the couch with Floyd, secure in my solid poured concrete bunker of a home, and cook myself dinner on my gas stove by candle light. I use candles a lot. Sometimes, the power company is hokier than the weather!

Keep checking back for your tropical weather updates!



3 comments:

Guest August 15, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

hi mimi! (it's ryan!)

Recent undefined:=-

Mimi August 15, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

hi ryan!

Recent undefined:=-

sealaura August 17, 2009 at 10:09 AM  

i wasn't too happy with that saharan dust when I was in the VI this summer. my photos were not as pretty as when I have taken them in January on a previous visit. but I guess it does help with the whole hurricane stuff. we haven;t had a good earthquake in a while but i must refresh my emergency kit. thanks for the reminder. hope you are safe, watching "hurricane headquarters" on CNN right now.

Recent blog:=- Monday Blues #28 from Palm Springs

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WARD'S is a one stop online store for science education.
CommentLuv Enabled Charles Darwin Has A Posse Science Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Blog Directory by Blog Flux

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP