>> Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Phew, I cannot believe it has been 5 days since my last update. Since it has been so long, this will be an update on not only me and the whole school thing, but what's up in all things science in one happy package!
- I did finally start school.
- I am officially the TA for Marine Invertebrate Zoology and get to play around in the lab more than usual.
- This means my specimens get to be used.
- Really cool Roman statues have been unearthed.
- I didn't get all the classes I wanted so I ended up short on hours.
- No financial aid this time, so tuition is completely out of pocket (I really need to apply for scholarships).
- The lack of freshwater globally rears its head again and this time someone wants to (finally) discuss it.
- I'm in Physics for Dummies. Well, not literally, but it seems that way. Do you know what I "learned" Monday? The Pythagorean Theorem. Really. I learned that when I was nine. No one told me there was another section of Physics that was calculus based. Now I can't get into it. I cried. This is going to be a long semester.
- UVI's chemistry labs are all closed for renovations. They (the administration) didn't even tell the professors (the faculty) until the week before classes started... and they still charged the students the lab fees, even though there is no lab!
- Arizona science and math scores are way down! Lowest in the country! I can't believe it!
- I am a big advocate of wind energy but I just found out that the low pressure system behind the turbines ruptures vessels in bats' lungs. I am so depressed. I really like bats, too. This will not be good for wind power.
more vacation pictures!
Since I was talking about wind energy, here is a picture I took on the UT/WY border. I really like it considering that this (and many other shots) was taking out of a moving vehicle. woot!
This thistle was in Wyoming and I had never really seen so many colors on it. Had to take a pict.
Okay two is enough for today. I told you I was saving them for filler!